Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

 


Happy Mother's Day everyone. We came home from a wonderful 50th birthday party for a fireman friend of ours and these beautiful roses were on the front porch from Mark and Katie. They are sitting right now on our coffee table and I am really enjoying them. Dan gave me some beautiful flowers yesterday too. I am enjoying all of them!

Tonight I am being feted at one of my favorite restaurants - Owen's Bistro in Chino. This tiny restaurant is one of the best ones around. A wonderful chef (James Kelly - Chef of the Year 2008 from the Los Angeles Restaurant Writers), very beautiful ambiance and of course wonderful, very creative and delicious food. They are having a special menu tonight for Mother's Day. Here is their website. They come HIGHLY recommended!

I saw on television this morning what the typical mother's "services" are worth (at the rate of $9.95 per hour) and it came out to about $65.000.00 a year. This does not take into account all those "services" that are not quantifiable, like being there for your kids 24/7. And who can quantify love? Well, needless to say every Mom is worth every cent and more. And all that Moms do is given so selflessly and with such love. Moms are truly amazing!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful children (adults now). They are both wonderful, loving people who I am so very proud of! And of course my wonderful husband who makes every day happier and happier. Again, to all Moms out there - a very well deserved Happy Mother's Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment