Sunday, March 20, 2011

Les Fleurs Spring Tea




Just got home from our annual fundraiser - the Les Fleurs Spring Tea. We are an auxiliary of the Assistance League of Pomona Valley. This is our annual major fundraiser to raise money for our philanthropies (Cubs for Kids and Assault Survivor Kits for Project Sister) and the funding support that we give to the League's Dental Center.

I always make an afghan which goes into the Silent Auction. I was so thrilled because this year the afghan made more money than ever! $90.00!!!! The highest that my afghans have ever made was $70.00. So I am more than thrilled. Above is a picture of the lovely lady who got the afghan. She said that she is going to give it to a friend of hers. Luck lady! Thank you SO much for your most generous donation!

It was fun to have Audrey join me for the tea. We sat with a friend of ours and her two granddaughters. They were so cute - one of them was our waitress and they also sold some very cute pens for the Susan Komen Foundation. I think that they raised quite a nice bit of money!

The food was delicious - four different kinds of sandwiches, fruit compote, scones with lemon curd, jam and cream. And a dessert tray of mints, pecan tassies and and lemon squares. And several different varieties of tea - of course!

Our bake sale made over $500.00! This too was better than we have ever done. I made lemon squares and half of them were gone before the tea - the ladies bought them. At the end, nothing was left. I bought some scones, biscotti and jam. That was enough - trying to cut back a bit. It was fun working with my friends, Audrey, Sue and Claudia on the bake sale.

The other picture above is the opportunity basket that several ladies and I put together for the tea. One of our Les Fleurs ladies won the basket. I loved helping find the items for the basket (with Claudia). I enjoy combing the stores for the goodies to put into it. We had the theme of "Scrapbooking Happiness."

All in all, a very successful day - with a great turnout - 75 people in spite of the rain (first day of Spring?).

No comments:

Post a Comment