Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our "Engagement Table"


Our Corvette Club had a Valentine dinner at the Magic Lamp, which is located in Upland, CA. Magic Lamp happens to be the very place where Dan and I got engaged 38 years ago in June of 1973.

Interestingly, Dan has not been back to the Magic Lamp since that night. I have been there once since then, when I attended an installation dinner. So it was a real milestone when Dan stepped through those doors.

As we were going to our room for the dinner, we passed the table where Dan asked me to marry him. There was an elderly couple there and I couldn't resist telling them that this was the table where we had gotten engaged so many years ago. They were so nice and thrilled to know that about us - complete straners to them...they told us that they have been married almost 60 years - so I guess it is indeed a lucky table.

Our dinner was alot of fun--after a delicious meal we went around the table and each couple talked about how they had met. There were LOTS of laughs and good natured ribbing.

Anyway, that's a picture up there of Dan and I at THE table!

No comments:

Post a Comment